Friday, October 4, 2013

"Human-mean" (FC)

To whoever is reading this, I want you to know right now that I am 101% against any kind of bullying. Growing up of course I have dealt with bullies. I've been called names like "Chink" and "Loser", but that's not exactly the point I wanted to talk about today. I would like love to talk about a poem called To This Day by Shayne Koyczan.


One part that I think is special and important is

"If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself ; get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer."
I think that quote applies to most girls in our society today. They undervalue what they are and overvalue what they're not. It's really only about you're mentality, which brings up the title of my blog; Kingdom Mentality. If you continue to believe and label yourself as "Ugly" or "Fat" then that's all you'll ever think you'll be. Although, bullies are the main cause to this mentality. At least three times a day I hear people getting called names. One that really bothers me is "You're so gay." Humankind? More like humanmean.
One of my favorite and one that hits me most is when Shayne compares a Circus with School metaphorically and says, "At night while others slept, we kept walking the tightrope. It was practice, and yeah, some of us fell." This is a reference to suicide as a result of bullying, which is becoming increasingly prevalent. Though they’re all suffering and walking a tightrope to survive, not all of them do, and I think that everyone needs to get the message to stop bullying.

In my opinion bullying will never die down. Although I really wish it would. A solution for this would be teaching the younger upcoming generation to be nice to one another, to see beauty in everyone.

"Our lives will only ever always
Continue to be a balancing act that has less to do with pain,
And more to do with beauty."





6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very moving blog. The video by Shayne Koyczan is very moving. This was a amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so amazing mae, I love how you wrote this! also the video went well with this blog so well, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Ponyo it had me very involved on that video...I legit cried!! Your a very good writer you have a great talent on writing and connecting to the readers ad also you have a very good word choices! Keep doing good!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think the pictures are cool and also the video to this day was I little scary. It creep me out for a bit but still keep up the good work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this post you showed alot of emotion and personality in the way you present things.

    ReplyDelete